Amphenol Industrial Power Connectors
Star-Line, Star-Line EX, Star-Lok
Star-Line Series "ZP/ZR" Amphenol connectors are heavy duty environmentally sealed plugs and receptacles
and have been successfully used in all types of Industrial and Aerospace applications. These compact environmental connectors have provided outstanding performance in complex ground support
cable networks, automatic and process control systems and instrumentation systems.
This family of connectors has made a major contribution to the successful interconnection of peak power generating systems as well as offshore petroleum production for power distribution and data acquisition.
Ample margins of safety and reliability have been designed into the Star-Line connectors to maintain capability levels which
make them ideally suited for the broad spectrum of demands placed on them by industry.
The specific materials and design features incorporated in Star-Line connectors were originally selected to satisfy the
stringent requirements of the Aerospace industry for heavy-duty connectors. These connectors combine electrical and
mechanical capabilities that equal or exceed the performance parameters established by the Military Specification MIL-C-5015.
• CIRCUIT BREAKING
– U/L & CSA listed power types have been thoroughly tested for capability to rupture current at ratings listed*.
• ENVIRONMENTAL RESISTANCE
– Design and materials withstand the most challenging operating conditions. Series has an IP 67 rating.
• SOLDER, CRIMP AND PRESSURE TERMINALS
– Available in circuit-breaking power and control types as listed.
• EASILY ACCESSIBLE WIRE TERMINALS
– Conductors are readily terminated to contacts. Cable housings are slipped over
conductors or leads after terminating. Cumbersome handling and seating of inserts with conductors attached is eliminated.
• LARGE WIRING SPACE
– Ample wiring space is provided in cable housings and conduit fitting bodies. Hub of body mounts in any of four positions (except FS & FD box assemblies).
• REVERSIBLE INSERTS – A full range of contact inserts and application adapters are available. All are interchangeable and
reversible to suit special needs.
• DOUBLE-LEAD THREAD COUPLING
– Modified Acme Thread does not clog under adverse conditions of ice, snow, sand or mud and provides the quick coupling feature.
• HARD ANODIC COATING
– All machine, aluminum parts finished to 40 Points on Rockwell C Scale. Dielectric strength 1800 volts. Heat resistance of 750° F.
• HIGH TENSILE STRENGTH
*ALUMINUM – Bar Stock
Components precision machined.
Points of impact designed for extra strength.