Amphenol Commercial Subminiature Connectors
Commercial 38999, Series III Type Composite Connectors
- The Amphe-Lite Connector Series is designed for communications equipment manufacturers with signal, power, RF or fiber optic interconnect requirements in harsh environments such as communication towers, outdoor and roof-top applications. This commercial 38999, Series III type composite connector series is ideal for communications equipment, manufacturing process control and medical equipment.
The Amphe-Lite offers the highest performance capabilities for severe environment applications, and yet is cost effective enough for general duty and non-environmental applications.
The Amphe-Lite is UL Recognized, file E115497.
Features and Benefits of the Amphe-Lite Series:
• Service Class F Amphe-Lite connectors provide excellent EMI shielding and grounding through electroless nickel plating
and spring grounding rings. Environmental sealing is ensured with interfacial seals to prevent contact corrosion. Composite shells are completely immune to corrosion problems.
• Service Class U provides a non-conductive finish when EMI shielding is not a criteria.
• Class F Composite shells resist severe corrosion, and provide plating endurance from salt spray exposure for a minimum of 2000 hours.
• Completely mates in one 360-degree turn of the coupling nut to provide the fastest and easiest equipment assembly and maintenance possible.
• Acme threads provide coupling durability. Thicker wall sections and a greater coupling surface area improve strength and
shock resistance. Blunting of the thread on both the coupling nut and receptacle eliminates cross coupling.
• Recessed pins minimize potential contact damage in this 100% scoop-proof connector. In a blind mating application,
mating shells cannot "scoop" the pins and cause a shorting or bending of contacts.
• A rigid dielectric insert with excellent electrical characteristics provides durable protection to the contacts. The socket
contacts are probe proof, and all contacts are rear insertable and rear removable.
Available in sizes 10 power, 12, 16, 20 and 22D contacts are plated in the standard 50 micro inches minimum gold, with 100 micro inches as an option.
• Conductive and non-conductive finish options are available.
• Circuit protection with filter contacts or surge arresting devices are available.
• Fiber optics, extended life and shielded coaxial contacts can be specified in Amphe-Lite connectors.
• Ground plane versions of the Amphe-Lite can be specified for use with coaxial and triaxial contacts. Twinax and power contacts can also be specified in the Amphe-Lite.
• Selectively plated contacts are available.
• High decoupling option is available for high vibration applications.
| Overview | Performance |
| PDF Catalog |